Tuesday, May 31, 2011

About Bipolar Disorder: Readers' Spotlight

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
This week we again take a look at what you have contributed to making About Bipolar Disorder a great resource. I've listed the category before each entry, and on each story there is a link to a page where you can share your own experience, too.

Fabulous gift idea for controlling spending
I LOVE this one from Spending Control, and this is intentionally a teaser: "One friend said it was the most thoughtful gift she ever got because everything really was geared toward her likes. She said she carried it around nearly all year, showed all her family and absolutely loved it!"

Don't assume doctors are always right
From My Bipolar Diagnosis: "My first memory of emotion was deep depression as a very young child. Even then I wanted to die. I also believe I was molested by a family member by marriage. I was hospitalized for the first time at a state hospital 60 miles north of us in '01. It was bandied about that I might have bipolar disorder, but the doctor decided against it."

Driven like a motor...
From Rapid Cycling: "I cycle about every couple of days (as little as 12 hours to 72 hours), usually with normal moods in between cycles but not always. I sometimes get the depression, never suicidal but rather guilty and hopeless. I never become full blown manic or depressed, but enough for it to affect my life (and others). On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say its about a 6."

They never admit they are wrong
From Toxic People: "When I try to be positive ... I allow these toxic people to take me down and then because of my mood disorder, I can overreact in response and look like the bad guy. I have had my fair share of interaction with those who are never wrong or hardly ever admit it."

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Hot Articles: Service Dogs
Rapper DMX & Bipolar
Does BP Affect Dreams?
Risperdal / Risperidone
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Backyard Chickens 101
Dabble in the self-sufficient, eco-friendly life with these essential chicken-raising tips. More>



24 Amazing Container Gardens
These gorgeous and creative gardens prove it doesn't take a lot of space to create something special. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


More Hot Topics
What is a Manic Episode?
Love Me and Support Me
What Does Comorbid Mean?

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive