Tuesday, April 26, 2011

About Yoga: The Anticipator

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Yoga

Yoga Styles

Beginners

Poses & Workouts



From Ann Pizer, your Guide to Yoga
Ever realize that you were guilty of your own pet peeve? Much to my horror, I recently had to face the fact that I picked up a bad habit: anticipating.

The Anticipator
The Anticipator is always two beats ahead of the teacher's instructions in a led class, which takes you right out of the present moment. If you find yourself wondering what the next pose will be or routinely coming out of poses before instructed to, you might be an anticipator too. Admission is the first step toward recovery!

Vinyasa/Flow
I've always liked the surrender of control that comes with led vinyasa. Holding each pose until the instructor lets you out and not knowing what comes next in the sequence allow me to be more in the present moment.
See More About:  yoga classes  sun salutation  vinyasa

Yoga Pet Peeves
When we all become enlightened, we will certainly be able to rise above petty concerns about who is stepping on our mat and passing gas near us during yoga class. Until then, you can vent your frustrations here and maybe, in the process, begin to let them go.

Pose of the Week - Firefly - Tittibhasana
When my teacher asked if there were any requests in class last week, I found myself calling out "tittibhasana!" This pose has been on my mind lately. It makes me feel powerful and energized, it makes me laugh when I fall out on my butt, it amazes me when I manage an Ashtanga-style exit through crow and back to chaturanga. What more can you ask for from a yoga pose?

See More About:  arm balances  advanced poses 

 


Yoga Ads
Featured Articles
Home Practice
Lifestyle
Yoga Breathing Exercises - Pranayama
Practicing Yoga During Pregnancy
Yoga Meditation, Philosophy, and Ayurveda
Advanced Yoga

 

More from About.com

Backyard Chickens 101
Dabble in the self-sufficient, eco-friendly life with these essential chicken-raising tips. More>



24 Amazing Container Gardens
These gorgeous and creative gardens prove it doesn't take a lot of space to create something special. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Ann Pizer
Yoga Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Yoga newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


Must Reads
What is Yoga?
Yoga for Beginners - How to Start
Yoga for Weight Loss
Find Yoga Poses
Yoga Pants

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive