Monday, June 21, 2010

About Exercise: Avoiding Weight Gain After the Wedding

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Weight Loss Basics

Strength and Cardio Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
Marriage is so fun at the beginning, isn't it? It's so cute how he sits around playing video games for hours at a time, or how she sneaks out to buy 40 pairs of new shoes every weekend. A few months into it, though, the cute factor starts to fade and something else often starts to fade too - your waistline.

Weight gain is a common problem among married couples, a topic I discuss in my latest article about how to avoid post-wedding weight gain. I may be able to help with the weight gain issue, but how to stop excessive video gaming or shoe shopping is a whole other issue. Good luck on that.


Avoiding Weight Gain After the Wedding
Today's new article was inspired by a conversation I overheard between a mother and daughter (I freely admit to eavesdropping on other people's conversations whenever possible). The daughter mentioned... Read more

Reader Contribution of the Week - Dr. David Doesn't Hold Back
A while ago, I wrote about how not to give exercise advice, mostly because healthy people can sometimes be annoying health freaks (not that I've ever been guilty of such... Read more

Exercise of the Week - Deadlift Combo
I've been on a lower body kick with my "exercises of the week" posts lately and I thought I would continue that trend with a new favorite: The deadlift... Read more

Vote: Exercises You Love to Hate
It never fails. Whenever I'm with clients and the words "pushups," "squats," "lunges," or "squat thrusts (burpees)," cross my lips, I see a mix of emotions cross their faces - despair, horror, sadness, rage and, finally, resignation....Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
Anatomy of a Workout
How to Set Up a Strength Routine
Free Weights or Machines
Does Obesity Research Reinforce Stereotypes?
Healthy Snacks
12 Low Fat Chicken Recipes

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive