Monday, February 14, 2011

About Exercise: How do you handle an injury?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
This winter has brought us tons of snow and, as a result, I've seen plenty of clients hobbling around with various injuries. How people deal with injuries is often based on personality. My most easy-going client (with a broken leg, no less) waved it off, saying, "Oh, I'm sure I'll figure things out." That's a great attitude to have, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be that mellow if I had a broken leg. A hangnail often throws me for a loop.

What about you? Do you freak out with an injury, like me, or do you take it in stride? You can tell us about your injury experiences in this poll. Have a great week and stay warm!


Vote in This Week's Poll: How do you handle an injury?
This time of year, I see plenty of injuries, both from seasoned exercisers (who sometimes overdo it this time of year just to keep their spirits up) and from new... Read more

Reader Workout of the Week: Elliptical Interval Workout
In a recent post, I talked about about interval training, discussing the basics as well as the variety of interval workouts I've created, mostly to torture my clients. That never...Read more

Challenge of the Week - Cardio, Yoga and Healthy Eating
Last year, I posted weekly challenges through the month of December to keep people going during the holiday craziness. Now that we're into the winter moodiness, it feels like... Read more

Workout Playlist of the Week
It's been a long time since I've run outside and, like many exercisers, I'm getting a little tired of the same old gym workouts. There are plenty of ways to spice things up, but the best is with music...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
Generate More Energy
Exercise and Depression
Menopause and Exercise
Yoga: What are chakras?
Shoulder Pain Causes
Book Review: Muscle Explosion by Nick Nilsson

 

More from About.com

Discover the Disney Dream
Disney's newest cruise ship has something for every family member, from the Aqua Duck watercoaster to adults-only lounges. More>



Cruise the Celebrity Eclipse
The Eclipse features luxurious interiors, a spa, and the "iLounge" where guests can check email and create their own photo books. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive