Tuesday, March 8, 2011

About Yoga: Just a Little Patience (Yeah, Yeah)

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Yoga

Yoga Styles

Beginners

Poses & Workouts



From Ann Pizer, your Guide to Yoga
Sorry about that Guns N' Roses reference! Just couldn't help myself. It came up because I spent most of last week sitting on the couch with a sick toddler glued to my lap. When I finally made it to class on Friday, I discovered the teacher had chosen patience as the theme for that day's practice. Well, of course he did, since that's exactly what I needed.

Cool Your Heels in Downdog
Do your heels hover above the floor in downward dog? Should you worry about it?

When to Return to Yoga Class After an Illness
If you're anything like me, you're itching to get back to yoga practice after you've been sick. Well, hold your horses just a minute.
See More About:  yoga etiquette  yoga classes  home practice

Hamstrings Forecast
How long should you hang around waiting for your hamstrings to open up?
See More About:  yoga faq  hamstring stretches  yoga advice

Pose of the Week - Revolved Triangle
Patience is a state of mind that can be applied to any yoga pose (and any given moment of our lives off the mats), but it brings revolved triangle to the front of my mind. I have struggled with this pose for ages (and have referred to it as my least favorite on more than one occasion). I've tried placing my bottom hand inside and outside of my foot, on and off a block, but every possible combination of block and hand position yielded the same discomfort. But I had a mini-breakthough recently: just moving my hand a few inches in front of my foot allowed my spine to elongate, my twist to deepen and my balance to be slightly less precarious. Patience pays off, yet again.


 


Yoga Ads
Featured Articles
Yoga Styles
Yoga Audio, Books, and Videos
Yoga Equipment and Clothing
Yoga and Your Health
Home Practice
Lifestyle

 

More from About.com

Discover the Disney Dream
Disney's newest cruise ship has something for every family member, from the Aqua Duck watercoaster to adults-only lounges. More>



Cruise the Celebrity Eclipse
The Eclipse features luxurious interiors, a spa, and the "iLounge" where guests can check email and create their own photo books. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Ann Pizer
Yoga Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Yoga newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


Must Reads
What is Yoga?
Yoga for Beginners - How to Start
Yoga for Weight Loss
Find Yoga Poses
30-Day Quick Start Yoga Guide

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

Search This Blog

Blog Archive